In the event of a demerger or other organizational split, the requirement can arise to separate out the contents of an email journal into the respective new entities, or be selective in what gets moved to a new platform.
Achieving this can be a challenge owing to the fact that only one instance of an email for each set of custodians will exist in the journal or journal archive.
Using TransVault’s analysis and migration tools, you can:
- Analyze email journal messages to make informed decisions on what data belongs to which business entity
- Split email journals between multiple destinations based on a number of criteria, including
- emails sent/received by staff members belonging to each business unit/entity
- emails sent/received by customers belonging to each business unit/entity
- Protect meta data during migration to reduce the risk of legacy data being excluded from future eDiscovery
- Ensure compliance by respecting corporate retention policies and retaining full chain-of-custody and data integrity
It’s never been quicker or easier to separate email journals during demergers or divestitures. Get in touch for more details on how TransVault can help make your break-up pain-free.