About the Role
TransVault Partner Support, in which the Migration Support Specialist sits, is the vital component of the award-winning TransVault Partner support structure.
The Migration Support Specialist is a key contact for Partners, ensuring that all Partners receive the support they need throughout their Migration projects, to self-sufficiently support their clients. The Migration Support Specialist will reactively respond to Partner’s technical ‘in project’ issues, mentoring them to resolve issues and liaising with the Engineering and Product Management teams where necessary to ensure any product changes are implemented and released back out to the Partner network.
In addition to the reactive Technical Support duties, the Migration Support Specialist will also have the opportunity to progress proactive tasks, such as ad hoc Improvement Action projects, produce new Partner facing documentation & processes and actively run Client’s Migrations, under the guise of TransVault Services.
This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, with the ability to both react swiftly and decisively to technical issues, troubleshooting appropriately, and to manage their time to progress proactive projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Partners receive a high level of Technical support, providing guidance which enables Partners to resolve their issues whilst learning new knowledge and skills
- To progress various Improvement Action projects, for the benefit of the local team and wider business
- The creation of Knowledge Base articles/How To Guides, improving the quality and quantity of resources available to Partners
- The day to day running of individual TransVault Services Migrations Projects, on a rota basis, working with the Director of Services
About the Person
It is expected that the Migration Support Specialist will have the following qualities:
• Professional & courteous to Partners and Clients
• Client Focused and Empathetic, always putting the Partner first
• Imaginative and creative to combat technical issues, with a proven track record of problem solving
• Must be comfortable problem solving in Microsoft server environments & applications (e.g. Exchange, SQL server, Windows 2003 and above) though specialist knowledge of specific MS products isn’t a prerequisite.
• A strong team player, comfortable in sharing knowledge with colleagues, particularly in remote offices
• Able to work in isolation
• Proactive and able to time manage and self-schedule based on priorities
• Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert (SME) internally & externally
• Confident in dealing with and resolving conflict in impassioned situations
• Previously have worked in a Customer/Partner-facing role, either in consulting or support
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of TransVault and Microsoft products, Email and/or general IT products and concepts, be process-driven and self-motivating and an excellent team player.
This role involves close co-operation with a number of different teams and will also require good time management skills to ensure that conflicting priorities are correctly managed.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Recruitment@TransVault.com
Job Status: Accepting applications, closing date 31st August 2018