Transvault creates high quality products and services which enable organisations to move their business critical data swiftly, reliably and securely. As a result of internal restructure and promotion, we have an amazing opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring CTO to join our senior leadership team.
Leading all technical and operational teams, you’ll be the technical driving force in the business. With budgetary and operational control for all software engineering, support and internal systems on which the company operates, you’ll set and deliver the technology strategy which will enable our continued growth.
Our CTO also leads our technology representation with global audiences and technology partners, providing thought leadership and fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
With a multi-year innovation programme planned, a fast-paced and technically challenging market, and an amazing team around you, this is a rare opportunity to achieve rewarding career goals and lead our team to achieve their potential.
Ready to join us?
The best people behind the best technology
About the Role
The Chief Technology Officer is accountable and responsible for:
Technology Leadership and Management
- Deliver on our Vision and Mission.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the company.
- Demonstrate aspirational technology leadership.
- Provide reliable technology security and governance, acting as DPO (Data Protection Officer).
- Support the technology teams with a high standard of people and task management.
- Be seen as a company and product evangelist in all scenarios.
- Build trust and confidence in the Transvault brand.
- Set and maintain high standards for security and compliance.
- Deliver high service levels for operational systems and support.
- Successfully manage business risks. o Successfully forecast and manage costs.
- Maintain a reputation for high quality, trustworthy delivery.
- Balance new delivery and efficiency improvements to maximise ROI.
- Maintain the right mix of internal ownership and external capacity to balance flexibility and risk.
- Meet data privacy and compliance requirements.
- Successfully forecast and manage costs
Research and Innovation
- Position Transvault as a world-class innovator, dedicated to the customer needs in its markets.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and take appropriate action to maximise opportunity.
- Act in synchronisation with other leaders in the company to deliver a holistic advance.
- Invest in yourself to maintain your skills and technology leadership credibility.
Skills & Experience
- A natural, senior technology leader and problem-solver with the ability to make smart, practical decisions under pressure.
- A pragmatic technologist who has experience of balancing the need to innovate for the future while maintaining the needs of their business now.
- Experience at Board level, successfully setting and executing technical strategy.
- Financial skills to measure return on investment.
- Product management appreciation and respect for process.
- A leader of people, able to motivate and align the team to a common objective.
- Experience of architecting, designing and developing new software products using Cloud technologies
- Focused, resilient and possessing a positive “can do” attitude, with a willingness to make a real difference and commitment to achieving our Vision and Mission.
- Experience with Agile/Lean practices using onshore and offshore resource is essential, with a keenness to champion this way of working across the business.
- Demonstrable success of new product architecture, design and delivery from prototype to launch.
- A demonstrable understanding of Cloud software product delivery and operation.
- Inherently curious and innovative.
- Combines creativity with analytical skills.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and changing priorities.
These are our deﬁning principles for how we do business. They set the personality of our organisation and guide the behaviours of everyone who works for us.
- We do the right thing
We say it straight and do it right. Every time. No excuses and no shortcuts. Where we trust others to deliver, we validate the results.
- We act with ambition
We encourage each other to take ownership, apply initiative, and adapt to solve challenges.
- We deliver with pride
We focus on outcomes and are passionate about inclusion and diversity. Going above and beyond to deliver the result our clients need.
- We go further together
No challenge is too great. We leverage our combined potential to innovate and achieve the seemingly impossible.
Since building the world’s first email archive migration tool in 2006, Transvault has successfully delivered thousands of migration projects across the world. We combine world-class technology with unrivalled expertise, experience and integrity; delivering Cloud Office migrations quickly, securely and seamlessly. Secure, robust, adaptable and extensible, our technology has been the driving force behind some of the world’s most challenging migrations.
From the straight-forward to uniquely complex, we focus entirely on outcomes; going above-and-beyond to make each project a success. When we come across a challenge, our commitment to adaptive development and market-leading support ensures we always deliver.
We’re passionate about solving complex challenges, so we say it straight and do it right. No excuses, and no shortcuts. World-class technology meets integrity. There’s no substitute for hard work, and our Partners, Managed Services and Support Teams work tirelessly and collaboratively to get the job done.
It’s why business trusts in Transvault.
How to Apply
To apply please visit: https://viewhr.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/24
Our HR Partner ViewHR will manage your application on behalf of Transvault.