Ready to join us?
The best people behind the best technology
About the Role
Transvault’s Product Management function is the beating heart of Transvault’s product pipeline. The team proactively conceptualise, create, and consider new ideas, refine them into inspiring commercial solutions and oversee their production, making them easily available to our partner network and customers. The Senior Product Manager is the driving force behind the Transvault product portfolio.
Transvault strives to satisfy customer needs, and this requires business and technical leadership to satisfy existing and potential commercial opportunities. The Senior Product Manager owns the product portfolio, influencing and steering this innovative effort through leadership of cross-functional teams.
The Senior Product Manager is accountable and responsible for:
- Product Innovation
Using market research and feedback from customers and potential customers, provide a continuous stream of proposed valued innovations (existing products or new products), enabling us to meet customer needs, exploit market opportunities and build a strategic product portfolio that supports revenue and brand development.
- Product Strategy
A clear and value-focused strategy, roadmap and timeline for each product, ensuring that we drive the right product direction, Marketing messages and Sales capabilities at the right time to capitalise on commercial opportunities.
- Product Management
Disciplined and creative Product Management to ensure we produce the right features in the right way, in the right sequence based on value.
As a Senior Product Manager, we are looking for applicants with solid experience and capability in this role, with aspirations to develop and lead a growing product team that will be instrumental in the growth of the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Drive Product Innovation:
- Regularly assess the market identifying gaps and opportunities; drive outside-in thinking.
- Ensure appropriate customer research is undertaken and incorporate feedback into product innovation and strategy.
- Propose new, commercially justified, feasible, viable and desirable product ideas which drive continual, profitable growth.
- Drive customer experience excellence.
Define and Manage the Product Strategy and Roadmap:
- Define and manage the Transvault product strategy and roadmap to contribute to the overall strategic company direction.
- Connect individual product roadmaps with the overall product roadmap.
- Connect the product roadmaps with relevant supplier and industry technology roadmaps.
- Manage diverse expectations from all stakeholders.
- Regularly communicate and provide consistent visibility of the product strategy and roadmaps with the business, partners and customers.
- Work with Product Owners to propose new features regularly to expand our market relevance.
- Gather appropriate requirements, targeting the best customer “problems to solve”.
- Identify the most elegant and creative ways to meet requirements.
- Products maintained to an appropriate level of quality and service.
- Pricing and commercial strategies established and planned.
- Discuss Product Roadmap with customers, partners and suppliers to enthuse and refine.
- Manage product lifecycle (BCG Matrix) and propose appropriate treatment of products.
Maintain Customer, Product and Industry Knowledge:
- Monitor and analyse market trends and competitor activity.
- Stay current with relevant technology.
- Ensure that the internal and external knowledgebases are consistently updated.
- Provide support to ensure the whole team is fully aware of our products and their strengths.
- Establish a deep customer understanding to ensure that the right products are developed.
Product Evangelism and Training:
- Act as a subject matter expert for our products and their usage.
- Take ownership for the successful outcome of calls, conferences and webinars to create enthusiasm for enhancements and new products.
- Educate the internal team, and externals as appropriate, on optimal use of new features.
Co-ordinate, Collaborate and Communicate:
- Responsible for developing a go-to-market strategies and plans for new products and significant product releases coordinating across Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to develop compelling product propositions for our target audiences.
- Act as Product Champion, providing product information as required.
- Contribute to strategic product discussions with the leadership team and wider business.
Contact and Communication:
- Build a connection to end users in our current or proposed markets to validate new ideas.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with key customers, partners and suppliers, leveraging this to derive the right product direction.
- Occasional travel to partner, customer and supplier sites
Outputs & Deliverables
- Transvault product strategy and roadmap
- Researched and justified new product ideas
- Product go-to-market strategy and plans
- Product propositions
- Webinars, webcasts and pre-recorded product collateral
- Commercial pricing strategies and proposals
- Training literature and product collateral
Qualities and Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- The qualities we look for include:
- Ability to collaboratively influence at all levels of the business.
- Ability to drive ambitious change within a business.
- Comfortable with the unknown as the business explores new markets and customer requirements.
- Customer focused and commercially orientated.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within an agile team environment.
- Strong organisational ability within an agile environment.
- Able to work effectively with a globally distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and manage complex technical products / projects.
- Imaginative and creative to combat technical and operational issues.
Skills & Experience
- We’re looking for a natural leader and problem-solver with the ability to make smart, practical decisions under pressure.
- You’ll need to be focused, resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude, plus a willingness to make a real difference and commitment to continuing to work towards goals and objectives – even if setbacks and hurdles occur.
- We work with Agile/Lean practices, so experience in these disciplines is essential with a keenness to champion this way of working across the business.
- Product Management and leadership experience across multiple products in a portfolio.
- Demonstrable success of new product delivery from concept to launch.
- A demonstrable understanding of Cloud software product management.
- Experience in UX.
- Inherently curious.
- Combines creativity with analytical skills.
- Comfortable in the grey and dealing with uncertainty.
How to Apply
To apply please visit: https://viewhr.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/13
Our HR Partner ViewHR will manage your application on behalf of Transvault.
These are our deﬁning principles for how we do business. They set the personality of our organisation and guide the behaviours of everyone who works for us.
- We do the right thing
We say it straight and do it right. Every time. No excuses and no shortcuts. Where we trust others to deliver, we validate the results.
- We act with ambition
We encourage each other to take ownership, apply initiative, and adapt to solve challenges.
- We deliver with pride
We focus on outcomes and are passionate about inclusion and diversity. Going above and beyond to deliver the result our clients need.
- We go further together
No challenge is too great. We leverage our combined potential to innovate and achieve the seemingly impossible.
Since building the world’s first email archive migration tool in 2006, Transvault has successfully delivered thousands of migration projects across the world. We combine world-class technology with unrivalled expertise, experience and integrity; delivering Cloud Office migrations quickly, securely and seamlessly. Secure, robust, adaptable and extensible, our technology has been the driving force behind some of the world’s most challenging migrations.
From the straight-forward to uniquely complex, we focus entirely on outcomes; going above-and-beyond to make each project a success. When we come across a challenge, our commitment to adaptive development and market-leading support ensures we always deliver.
We’re passionate about solving complex challenges, so we say it straight and do it right. No excuses, and no shortcuts. World-class technology meets integrity. There’s no substitute for hard work, and our Partners, Managed Services and Support Teams work tirelessly and collaboratively to get the job done.
It’s why business trusts in Transvault.