Ready to join us?
The best people behind the best technology
About the Role
Transvault’s Products are at the heart of its success. The product-focused roles within the team proactively conceptualise, create, and consider new ideas, refine them into inspiring commercial solutions and oversee their production, making them easily available to our customers and partners.
The Product Owner is a key role in the holistic delivery of our products and is at the centre of every development cycle, responsible for maximising the value of the products and backlog management.
Working within a multi-disciplined product team (e.g., software development, agile testing, optimisation & performance, marketing and customer support), you will be responsible for clear prioritisation, communication and delivery of digital and technology solutions, working with the Senior Product Manager. You will manage dependencies and remove blockers along with driving improved agile ways of working. You will also be working closely with the wider Product function and sharing your skills/coaching across the wider Product Delivery discipline.
To provide our team with successful Product Ownership, you will have solid experience, capability and demonstrable success in a similar role within software development.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Disciplined and creative Product Ownership for a defined product portfolio, aligned to the overall business and product strategy with the customer at the heart of decision making. You will use this information to develop product roadmaps (with the Senior Product Manager), backlogs and manage product release plans.
- You will be responsible for the delivery to budget of new products and features and will need to evaluate and mitigate risks through effective delivery plans.
Manage the Product Roadmap and Backlogs:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and manage the product roadmaps.
- Connect the product roadmaps with strategic company and portfolio direction.
- Connect the product roadmaps with relevant supplier and industry technology roadmaps.
- Manage customer and internal stakeholder demands effectively in relation to the roadmap.
- Proactively seek information about product feature gaps and opportunities from Pre-Sales / other customer touchpoints.
- Justify and validate commercial prioritisation, aligned with the sales pipeline and other business priorities.
- Create releases with clear intent – working with Marketing and Sales to generate excitement about new value being released.
- Manage and prioritise backlogs to deliver the roadmap.
- Gather and specify appropriate requirements, managed within the backlog.
- Convert requirements into clearly specified features and functionality.
- Feature validation and prioritisation synchronised with the overall engineering plans and Transvault’s strategy.
- Oversee development and support the team throughout each sprint.
- Define and manage acceptance criteria.
- Map out dependencies to inform sequence of development.
- Ensure consultation on features and changes with relevant stakeholders.
- Act as a point of control for product release management.
- Define and execute product release communication and documentation.
Maintain and Share Market & Product Knowledge:
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of the market and all products within your portfolio.
- Act as a subject matter expert in our products and their usage.
- Proactively educate the internal team, and externals as appropriate, on optimal use of our products including new features and changes where appropriate.
Expert Product Guidance:
- Proactive assessment of support tickets to find trends and address root causes.
- Act as subject matter expert for the external and internal knowledgebases.
- Provide technical product input / documentation and training for use in Sales and Marketing activity with customers.
- We strive for continuous improvement, and so you’ll also play a key role in coaching team members and the wider organisation.
Outputs & Deliverables
- Product roadmaps & backlogs
- Product release plans & documentation / communicable value
- Product feature specifications
- Product technical documentation
Qualities and Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- The qualities we look for include:
- Dedication to their products’ success.
- Strong organisational ability; structured and flexible as the situation demands.
- Able to influence and guide others.
- Able to work effectively within a globally distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and manage complex technical products / projects.
- Imaginative and creative to combat technical and operational problems.
- Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert (SME) internally and externally.
Skills & Experience
- We’re looking for a natural leader and problem-solver for software products, with the ability to make smart, practical decisions under pressure.
- You’ll need to be focused, resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude, plus a willingness to make a real difference and commitment to continuing to work towards goals and objectives – even if setbacks and hurdles occur.
- We work with Agile/Lean practices, so experience in these disciplines and agile tools is essential with a keenness to champion this way of working across the business.
- Analytical and data driven.
- Sound technical understanding of Cloud software development, product design & development, infrastructure.
- Decision making skills based on analytical and critical thinking.
- Project management skillset.
- A understanding of data migration (ETL) would be beneficial.
How to Apply
To apply please visit: https://viewhr.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/14
Our HR Partner ViewHR will manage your application on behalf of Transvault.
These are our deﬁning principles for how we do business. They set the personality of our organisation and guide the behaviours of everyone who works for us.
- We do the right thing
We say it straight and do it right. Every time. No excuses and no shortcuts. Where we trust others to deliver, we validate the results.
- We act with ambition
We encourage each other to take ownership, apply initiative, and adapt to solve challenges.
- We deliver with pride
We focus on outcomes and are passionate about inclusion and diversity. Going above and beyond to deliver the result our clients need.
- We go further together
No challenge is too great. We leverage our combined potential to innovate and achieve the seemingly impossible.
Since building the world’s first email archive migration tool in 2006, Transvault has successfully delivered thousands of migration projects across the world. We combine world-class technology with unrivalled expertise, experience and integrity; delivering Cloud Office migrations quickly, securely and seamlessly. Secure, robust, adaptable and extensible, our technology has been the driving force behind some of the world’s most challenging migrations.
From the straight-forward to uniquely complex, we focus entirely on outcomes; going above-and-beyond to make each project a success. When we come across a challenge, our commitment to adaptive development and market-leading support ensures we always deliver.
We’re passionate about solving complex challenges, so we say it straight and do it right. No excuses, and no shortcuts. World-class technology meets integrity. There’s no substitute for hard work, and our Partners, Managed Services and Support Teams work tirelessly and collaboratively to get the job done.
It’s why business trusts in Transvault.