About the role
Transvault Partner Support, in which the Migration Support Specialist sits, is the vital component of the award-winning Transvault Partner support structure.
The Migration Support Specialist is a key contact for Partners, ensuring that all Partners receive the support they need throughout their Migration projects, to self-sufficiently support their clients.
The Migration Support Specialist will reactively respond to Partner’s technical ‘in project’ issues, mentoring them to resolve issues and liaising with the Engineering and Product Management teams where necessary to ensure any product changes are implemented and released back out to the Partner network.
In addition to the key reactive Technical Support duties, the Migration Support Specialist will spend the majority of their time contributing to proactive projects, progressing ad-hoc Improvement Action projects and producing new Partner facing documentation & processes.
This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, with the ability to both react swiftly and decisively to technical issues, troubleshooting appropriately, and to manage their time to progress proactive projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring Partners receive a high level of technical support, providing guidance which enables Partners to resolve their issues whilst learning new knowledge and skills.
- Responsibility for the day to day running of individual Transvault Services Migrations Projects, on a rota basis, working with the Director of Services Responsibility to progress various Improvement Action projects, for the benefit of the local team and wider business.
- Responsibility for the creation of Knowledge Base articles/How to Guides, improving the quality and quantity of resources available to Partners.
Ready to join us?
The best people behind the best technology
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide technical resource (including direct communication and remote sessions) for clients, Partners and 3rd party vendors when required.
- Be a trusted adviser to global partners and advise them in data management and migration strategies.
- Undertake issue resolution working with the rest of the support & engineering teams.
- Handle a daily individual workload of support issues using our internal ticket management system.
- Adhere to support processes and apply common sense when managing partner issues.
- Mentoring of Partner Engineers – transferal of knowledge and skills.
- Mentoring of other members of the Partner Support team.
- Act as an “ambassador” for Transvault with our Partners – building long lasting relationships with them via day-to-day communication with their technical teams.
- Be authoritative and knowledgeable about key areas of the product.
- Act as subject matter expert/guru for key areas of the Transvault products.
- Involvement in Internal Projects as required including:
- New Process Improvements
- Documentation Improvements
- Internal System Changes
- Get involved in new technologies and solutions as appropriate to help migrations.
- Ensure Transvault Engineering are made aware in a timely way, of any issues that might arise – to help reduce project impact.
- Influence future product development strategies by providing valuable feedback to management.
- Root Cause Analysis and/or code level investigation.
- Raising of defects & new features with products.
Documentation & Training:
- Contribution to, and review, Knowledge Base (KB) articles.
- Authoring and review of ‘How To’ articles, improving Product Resources.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant technologies, systems and platforms, and the email and archiving markets.
- Attend training courses as required, either remotely, via the web, or on-site and undertake certification as required by the company
Outputs & Deliverables
- Ticket Updates: Response to Partner Requests, Issue Resolution, Call Summaries
- Business Targets on Response and Resolution Times of Tickets
- Knowledge Base articles: Creation and Review
- How To Guides and Ad Hoc Support documentation
- Ad Hoc Projects
Qualities and Values
It is expected that the Migration Support Specialist will have the following qualities:
- Professional & courteous to Partners and Clients
- Client Focused and Empathetic, always putting the Partner first
- Imaginative and creative to combat technical issues, with a proven track record of problem solving
- Must be comfortable problem solving in Microsoft server environments & applications (e.g. Exchange, SQL server, Windows 2003 and above) though specialist knowledge of specific MS products isn’t a prerequisite.
- A strong team player, comfortable in sharing knowledge with colleagues, particularly in remote offices
- Able to work remotely with little supervision
- Proactive and able to time manage and self-schedule based on priorities
- Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert (SME) internally & externally
- Confident in dealing with and resolving conflict in impassioned situations
- Previously have worked in a Customer/Partner-facing role, either in consulting or support
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of Transvault and Microsoft products, Email and/or general IT products and concepts, be process-driven and self-motivating and an excellent team player.
This role involves close co-operation with a number of different teams and will also require good time management skills to ensure that conflicting priorities are correctly managed.
Core Hours & Working Practices
As the team interacts with partners around the globe, the successful candidate will be joining a rota that alternates core hours every two to three weeks between UK working hours and working hours in the US.
|Week||Covering||Core Hours (UK time)|
|1||European & Asia Pacific partners||9am – 5:30pm|
|2||European & Asia Pacific partners||9am – 5:30pm|
|3||US partners||3.30pm – Midnight|
|4||US partners||3.30pm – Midnight|
These times include a daily one-hour break.
Candidates should expect that these rotating core hours will be the norm for the majority of their work, though some flexibility may be required on occasion. For example, during the candidate’s probationary period (whilst knowledge is being transferred from existing staff) they should expected to be working solely UK hours alongside the UK team. There will be occasions where the start and end times will be changed to accommodate specific Transvault projects or to facilitate out of hours conference calls with Partners. The basic salary of the role will contain an explicit uplift of 12.5% to reflect the inconvenience of regularly working outside the usual UK working hours.
Transvault is a Remote first company and successful candidates can work from home, should their home set up allow. Whilst this role is primarily Remote, staff may utilise our head office location near Bristol. Departmental and Companywide events are expected to be attended from time to time.
First Steps in the role
To gain an understanding of the technical components of our business, this role will begin with several Onboarding sessions, with your line manager, along with many other specialists in other areas of the business, getting specific product knowledge and learning about typical projects and issue management.
Shadowing an experienced Migration Support Specialist, you will understand the role further, accompanying their colleague on Partner Calls (Remote sessions) and reviewing tickets, to understand the challenges faced and processes required, whilst also being introduced to the Partners that they will be supporting
Finally, the Migration Support Specialist will take up the intended post, responding to Partner tickets and gaining great understanding of the Transvault products and how to best support our Partners. After the first six months, some additional Proactive projects may be undertaken, designed to both help the individual’s knowledge, whilst also benefiting the local team and wider business.
Once a greater understanding of processes and the software has been gained, the Migration Support Specialist will move onto the Transvault Services Migration rota.
These are our deﬁning principles for how we do business. They set the personality of our organisation and guide the behaviours of everyone who works for us.
- We do the right thing
We say it straight and do it right. Every time. No excuses and no shortcuts. Where we trust others to deliver, we validate the results.
- We act with ambition
We encourage each other to take ownership, apply initiative, and adapt to solve challenges.
- We deliver with pride
We focus on outcomes and are passionate about inclusion and diversity. Going above and beyond to deliver the result our clients need.
- We go further together
No challenge is too great. We leverage our combined potential to innovate and achieve the seemingly impossible.
Since building the world’s first email archive migration tool in 2006, Transvault has successfully delivered thousands of migration projects across the world. We combine world-class technology with unrivalled expertise, experience and integrity; delivering Cloud Office migrations quickly, securely and seamlessly. Secure, robust, adaptable and extensible, our technology has been the driving force behind some of the world’s most challenging migrations.
From the straight-forward to uniquely complex, we focus entirely on outcomes; going above-and-beyond to make each project a success. When we come across a challenge, our commitment to adaptive development and market-leading support ensures we always deliver.
We’re passionate about solving complex challenges, so we say it straight and do it right. No excuses, and no shortcuts. World-class technology meets integrity. There’s no substitute for hard work, and our Partners, Managed Services and Support Teams work tirelessly and collaboratively to get the job done.
It’s why business trusts in Transvault.
How to Apply
To apply please visit: https://viewhr.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/16
Our HR Partner ViewHR will manage your application on behalf of Transvault.