About the Role
Transvault Partner Support, in which the Migration Support Specialist sits, is the vital component of the award-winning Transvault Partner support structure.
The Migration Support Specialist is a key contact for our Partners, ensuring that their engineers receive the support they need throughout their Migration projects, to self-sufficiently support their clients. The Migration Support Specialist will reactively respond to Partner’s technical ‘in project’ issues, mentoring them to resolve issues and liaising with the Engineering & Product Management teams where necessary, to ensure any product changes are implemented and released back out to the Partner network.
In addition to the key reactive Technical Support duties, the Migration Support Specialist will spend much of their time either training, improving their knowledge on our products or increasing knowledge or skills in relevant areas. There will be opportunities to contribute to proactive projects, such as progressing ad hoc Improvement Action projects, producing new Partner facing documentation & processes.
This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, with the ability to both react swiftly and decisively to technical issues, troubleshooting appropriately, and to manage their time effectively to progress proactive projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring Partners receive a high level of technical support, providing guidance which enables Partners to resolve their issues, whilst learning new knowledge and skills
- Responsibility to progress various Improvement Action projects, for the benefit of the local team and wider business
- Responsibility for the creation of Knowledge Base articles/How To Guides, improving the quality and quantity of resources available to Partners
- Responsibility for your individual training plan, identifying and undertaking appropriate training to improve both your knowledge of Transvault products and the relevant skills and knowledge to support them
About the Person
It is expected that the Migration Support Specialist will have the following qualities:
- Professional & courteous to Partners and Clients
- Client Focused and Empathetic, always putting the Partner first
- Imaginative and creative to combat technical issues, with a proven track record of problem solving
- Must be comfortable problem solving in Microsoft server environments & applications (e.g. Exchange, Microsoft 365, SQL server, Windows 2010 and above) though specialist knowledge of specific MS products isn’t a prerequisite.
- A strong team player, comfortable in sharing knowledge with colleagues, particularly in remote offices
- Able to work in isolation
- Proactive and able to time manage and self-schedule based on priorities
- Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert (SME) internally & externally
- Confident in dealing with and resolving conflict in impassioned situations
- Previously have worked in a Customer/Partner-facing role, either in consulting or support
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of Transvault and Microsoft products, Email and/or general IT products and concepts, be process-driven, self-motivating and an excellent team player. Having experienced an Email Migration project is not essential but would be an advantage.
This role involves close co-operation with a number of different teams and will also require good time management skills to ensure that conflicting priorities are correctly managed.