Ready to join us?
The best people behind the best technology
About the Role
The Channel Support Manager will be responsible for servicing key commercial relationships with existing and new channel resellers across the Rest of the World outside of the Americas (this is known as ROW and includes around 40 countries we have already sold solutions in). You will work closely with the ROW Channel Development Manager to ensure full coverage of requirements generated by existing partners, potential partners contacting Transvault with queries about opportunities, and servicing direct customer approaches.
This is a commissioned role that assists our Partners in exceeding the sales targets for the current year, but you will also identify new potential partners in locations where there is no local partner in place and on-board them. Transvault currently has 75+ service and referral partners in EMEA & APAC with active pipeline and producing a regular flow of orders.
This role would suit someone with existing experience in Channel Sales for the Enterprise Software space, or an experienced pre-sales support engineer that has worked in the Enterprise Archiving market and wants to transition to a more commercial-oriented role.
- Facilitating partner skills acquisition for promoting, selling and delivering data migrations into Microsoft 365 and other platforms
- Managing responses to incoming inquiries
- Managing prospect registration for your territories in order to minimize contention between competing partners
- Providing pricing quotations and managing contractual negotiations
- Promoting Transvault at all levels within partnerships, connecting interested parties and building a core of commitment to our joint ventures
- Working with the Channel and/or Other Sales team to identify, develop and close sales
- Working closely with Marketing to develop Go To Market strategies in collaboration with our partners
- Escalate to management if an overload of work is preventing timely responses to partners
- Taking responsibility for tracking market opportunity and monthly sales order forecasting and tracking
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Produce an annual account plan for accounts and keep this updated on a monthly basis
- Deliver the annual revenue target for all partner accounts.
- Ensure that efficient use is made of time both whilst in the office, and out on customer visits. It would normally be expected that a Channel Sales Manager would spend the majority of their time whilst in the office or home-working, in partner/customer-contacting activity via telephone and/or e-mail.
- Project-manage responses to customer questions with a decreasing reliance on others, customer proposals, arrangement of demonstration, presentations, consultancy visits etc. Where this requires the work and input of other persons, the Channel Manager has ultimate responsibility to make sure that these responses are delivered to the customer.
- If a non-standard and/or complex project proposal or quotation is to be proposed, then in advance of submission to the customer ensure that:
- The technical content is first checked and approved by the Product Manager or nominated Technical Account Manager
- That the proposal is authorised by a Company Director, or in their absence a nominated person.
- Take ownership, then escalate serious or potentially serious customer issues to management as early as possible.
- Provide constructive feedback on how individuals, departments and the company organisation can continually improve and better achieve the company’s objectives.
- Take responsibility for the successful outcome of Transvault Sales training events at Partner offices
- Ensure all activities are tracked and logged within the company CRM systems, and email filed appropriately. Record management is a critical component of the role.
- Collect & collate sales forecasting information to produce current Channel Sales Forecast.
- Ensure that any leads received are responded to in a prompt manner. It is expected that telephone and e-mail leads be followed up within the same working day.
- Ensure questions and requests for quotations are responded to in a prompt manner. It is expected that such requests be followed up within the same working day.
- Where more detailed responses are required, as a minimum an acknowledgement and/or partial answer to the customer would normally be expected within the same working day.
- Escalate to management if an overload of work is preventing timely responses to partners.
- Be a team player interested in the success of the Channel Sales team and all the wider Transvault team.
Qualities and Values
- Strong bias towards uncovering latent commercial opportunity
- An ability to quickly and correctly identify commercial potential, sorting the wheat from the chaff
- Provide a strong and compelling image for the business to partners and customers
- Able to work productively within the team and in isolation
- Able to build and leverage strong personal relationships internally and externally
- Able to time manage and self-schedule based on priorities
- Structured and formal, flexible yet tenacious
- Proven sales skills with a methodical approach
- Able to continually demonstrate our company values
- Be an inspirational individual with ability to influence.
- Be a team player and team builder.
- Finds fulfilment in their work, inspires others to the same.
- Has strong organisational ability, flexible as the situation demands
- Able to act efficiently and effectively within a globally distributed team.
- Able to design and follow process, and remain outcome focused.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management and self-scheduling based on priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Keen eye for detail, setting high expectations for accuracy.
- Ability to understand, manage and communicate complex sales projects.
- Professional and courteous, setting high standards for others to follow.
- Imaginative and creative to pre-empt and resolve commercial and operational issues.
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated, or equivalent experience in a relevant role.
- A proven track record of successfully building winning propositions
- A proven ability to sell our value in both familiar and in new and challenging situations
- Significant experience of managing complex sales projects, with a consistent record of success.
- A solid understanding of the Transvault ethos and values.
How to Apply
To apply please visit https://viewhr.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/12?source=Indeed
Our HR Partner ViewHR will manage your application on behalf of Transvault.
These are our deﬁning principles for how we do business. They set the personality of our organisation and guide the behaviours of everyone who works for us.
- We do the right thing
We say it straight and do it right. Every time. No excuses and no shortcuts. Where we trust others to deliver, we validate the results.
- We act with ambition
We encourage each other to take ownership, apply initiative, and adapt to solve challenges.
- We deliver with pride
We focus on outcomes and are passionate about inclusion and diversity. Going above and beyond to deliver the result our clients need.
- We go further together
No challenge is too great. We leverage our combined potential to innovate and achieve the seemingly impossible.
Since building the world’s first email archive migration tool in 2006, Transvault has successfully delivered thousands of migration projects across the world. We combine world-class technology with unrivalled expertise, experience and integrity; delivering Cloud Office migrations quickly, securely and seamlessly. Secure, robust, adaptable and extensible, our technology has been the driving force behind some of the world’s most challenging migrations.
From the straight-forward to uniquely complex, we focus entirely on outcomes; going above-and-beyond to make each project a success. When we come across a challenge, our commitment to adaptive development and market-leading support ensures we always deliver.
We’re passionate about solving complex challenges, so we say it straight and do it right. No excuses, and no shortcuts. World-class technology meets integrity. There’s no substitute for hard work, and our Partners, Managed Services and Support Teams work tirelessly and collaboratively to get the job done.
It’s why business trusts in Transvault.