Archive Storage Upgrades
Depending on your archive platform and storage, physically moving existing archive content between to a different storage type or locations may involve lengthy and convoluted extraction and re-ingestion using interim PST files.
Now, using TransVault Migrator, organizations can quickly and easily re-architect their archived data with the following benefits:
- Protection against media obsolescence - Certain storage systems, for example, WORM devices, can be very difficult to migrate data out of. TransVault Migrator can unlock your data so you can move to an alternative storage platform without impacting the integrity of your data.
- One Step - Migration is done in just one step. There's no need for an interim stage that can introduce human error, or interim storage that could lead to tampering or data loss.
- Transparent to users - Users can access their data while it's being moved – there’s no need to disable access to the archive.
- Ensures Compliance - Throughout the migration process TransVault maintains a full audit trail to maintain chain-of-custody – this is an important consideration for compliant retention.
- Automatic Failover & Logging - TransVault maintains a complete error log, with the ability to automatically resume a migration task that fails for any reason (e.g. owing to a network outage or a corrupted item).
- Fast - Migration is extremely fast, thanks to a multi-threaded architecture and the ability to distribute extraction tasks across multiple servers.
- Retention Rule Mapping – Any existing retention categories can be identified and mapped onto the new categories that will be in place in OSIS (note that retention times cannot be reduced).
- Allows archive restructuring – Many archive platforms lack tools to redesign your archive storage architecture. With TransVault Migrator you can move data to new storage platforms and locations according to highly flexible criteria.