Enterprise Vault Upgrades
In order to take full advantage of the new Symantec Enterprise Vault storage architecture you need to physically migrate data across from existing vaults. If you have large vaults, this can involve a very lengthy process which is prone to human error and involves interim export/imports steps that use problematic PST files.
Now, using TransVault Migrator for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV), organizations can quickly and easily migrate their archived data direct from earlier versions of EV (5, 6 & 7) into the new EV V10+ with the following benefits:
- One Step - Migration is done via the latest Enterprise Vault API in just one step. There's no need for an interim stage that can introduce human error, or interim storage that could lead to tampering or data loss.
- No need to upgrade through EV versions - To migrate to the latest version of EV from an earlier version without TransVault, you would need to ‘jump’ through each major EV upgrade.
- Transparent to users - Users can access their data while it's being moved – there’s no need to disable access to the archive - plus shortcuts are quickly and seamlessly converted with users online.
- Ensures Compliance - Throughout the migration process TransVault maintains a full audit trail to maintain chain-of-custody – this is an important consideration for compliant retention.
- Automatic Failover & Logging - TransVault maintains a complete error log, with the ability to automatically resume a migration task that fails for any reason (e.g. owing to a network outage or a corrupted item).
- Fast - Migration is extremely fast, thanks to a multi-threaded architecture and the ability to distribute migration tasks across multiple servers that can send data into multiple EV Store Servers.
- Retention Rule Mapping – Any existing retention categories can be identified and mapped onto the new categories that will be in place in OSIS (note that retention times cannot be reduced).
- Preserves BCC & Distribution List Recipients – TransVault is able to preserve BCC’d recipients and distribution list information archived from Journal mailboxes. This vital data is reconstructed by TransVault and then re-ingested into the new EV archive.
- Allows archive restructuring – With native EV migration tools you cannot completely redesign your EV architecture. With TransVault Migrator you can move data to new stores and storage platforms according to highly flexible criteria.